Temporary Overnight Parking Permits
General Parking Information: English ; Spanish ; Chinese
Purchase a Temporary Overnight Parking Permit online
In addition to purchasing a Temporary Overnight Parking Permit online, residents also have the following purchase options:
- Police Department Lobby, 111 South First Street, Alhambra CA 91801 - a 24-hour per day self-service machine offers Temporary Overnight Parking permits at a cost of $5 per night. At any one time, up to ten nights may be purchased using either coins or bills up to $20. Change will be given in dollar coins.
- 7-Eleven Store, 2150 South Fremont Avenue, Alhambra CA 91803 - a 24-hour per day self-service machine offers Temporary Overnight Parking permits at a cost of $5 per night. At any one time, up to ten nights may be purchased with a credit card or with exact change using only coins or dollar bills. This kiosk is not equipped to provide change.
A temporary parking permit is required for RV parking. RV permits must be purchased in person at the Police Department Traffic section in the lobby. Each RV may get two 3 day permits per month. The cost is $15 for 3 days.
TEMPORARY OVERNIGHT PARKING PERMIT REQUIREMENTS
- To validate the Temporary Overnight Parking Permit, use an ink pen in the space provided to clearly mark the complete license plate number, or if there is no license plate, use the last four numbers of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Failure to do so may result in a citation.
- The Temporary Parking Permit must be clearly displayed on the dashboard, face-up on the driver's side.
- No Temporary Overnight Parking Permits are issued to vehicles exceeding 6,000 lbs., non-motorized vehicles, trailers and vehicles exceeding 8-feet height, 6-feet width or 20-feet length.
- Vehicles displaying a current DISABLED PLACARD are exempt from overnight parking restrictions.
RECREATIONAL AND COMMERCIAL VEHICLE RESTRICTIONS
- The Alhambra Municipal Code prohibits overnight parking of commercial vehicles in industrial areas of the city, as they are targets for graffiti and other types of vandalism, make street sweeping impossible, and create blight in the industrial areas.
- It is against the law to live in a recreational vehicle on a public street in Alhambra.
- Recreational vehicles are prohibited from parking overnight without a valid 72 hour permit that must be obtained from the Alhambra Police Department Traffic Section. This permit will only be issued for the purpose of loading or unloading a recreational vehicle either before or after a trip.