The City of Alhambra is proud to announce the installation of the first publicly-available electric vehicle charging stations in Alhambra. Drivers can now charge their EVs at three City public parking structures located in downtown Alhambra.
These Level Two EV Charging stations are open 24/7year-round. Each charging station features four standard parking spaces and two handicap spaces, for a total of 18 spaces at the three locations. Rates are $0.28 per kilowatt hour.
The locations are:
· 80 S First Street
· 26 N First Street
· 103 N Chapel Ave
Charging your car battery is easy. Here’s how it works:
1) Download the EV Connect mobile app, available as a free download for both iOS and Android devices.
2) Log in or register to create an account.
3) Select the “Charge” button and scan the QR Code or type the ID number located on the station.
4) Plug in your vehicle and then press “Begin Charge.”
5) Choose a connector and then give the station a few seconds to connect to the platform.
6) Once charging, the screen will display the details of your session.
Once you have completed charging your electric vehicle, please move it to a non-charging space so others may utilize the charging stations. After it’s fully charged, you will receive a reminder text to move your vehicle within 15 minutes or pay $3 an hour parking fee.
The City of Alhambra’s electric vehicle charging stations were made possible through a grant from the South Coast Air Quality Management District.