UTILITIES CUSTOMER SERVICES CENTER
David Dolphin, Deputy Director of Utilities
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 7:00 am - 5:30 pm. Free parking is available in the adjacent First Street parking structure.
The Utilities Customer Service Center is available to serve you when you need to establish or turn off your water service, make a payment, or arrange for a field inspection.
COMMON CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS:
1. HOW TO ESTABLISH WATER/SEWER SERVICES:
Service is established in person at the Customer Service Counter.
The following information is required when you open an account:
- Service address/location
- Your name
- Whether you own or rent your residence
- Driver's license or proper form of Identification
- Your home and work telephone numbers
- Mailing address
2. IS A DEPOSIT REQUIRED?
- Yes, a minimum deposit of $51 and a signup fee of $110.00 is required for single-family residences. Both are due at the time service is established. Contact the Utilities Department for information for other customer classifications.
- If the water at your new address is off and a Utilities Department employee has to come out to turn it on, your presence may be required. There is a $20.00 same day turn-on charge before 4:00 pm; $22.50 after 4:00 pm; and no charge for next day turn-on.
- If this service must be performed on the same day or outside of the regular working hours there is a charge.
3. WHEN IS MY BILL LATE?
- Bills are due upon receipt and must be paid within 30 days from the statement date to avoid service charges and/or service interruption.
4. CAN I GET AN EXTENSION OR MAKE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS ON MY PAST DUE BILL?
- In many cases the Department can work out payment arrangements for customers. Extensions are only granted once in a six-month period.
- Read the Policy on Discontinuation of Residential Water Service for Non-Payment in English, Traditional Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog, and Korean.
5. HAVE YOU RECEIVED MY PAYMENT?
- Please call 626-570-5061 during regular business hours to speak with a representative.
6. WHERE CAN I PAY MY BILL?
- In Person: Utilities Department Customer Service Center, 68 South First Street, Alhambra, CA 91801.
- By Mail to: City of Alhambra-Department of Utilities, Post Office Box 6304, Alhambra, CA 91802
- Payment Drop Box: north wall side of the Customer Service Center, 68 South First Street, Alhambra, CA 91801.
- Online Payment: Check out Online Bill Payment
7. WHAT ARE YOUR HOURS?
- The Customer Service Center hours are Monday - Thursday, 7:00 am-5:30 pm
- The Center is closed on holidays and weekends.
8. WHO CAN I CONTACT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
- Contact the Customer Service Division at 626-570-5061.
9. WHAT IS THE SHORB GARDEN?
- Shorb Garden, located just north of the Customer Service Center, features xeriscape plants comprised of natural native California plant materials that promote water conservation and water awareness. A decorative water fountain located within a city-inspired Moorish arch, a historic mural outside the building, and a statute of James DeBarth Shorb, the father of Alhambra's water service grace the urban garden space.
10. WHAT ARE CURRENT WATER AND SEWER RATES?