All businesses located within city limits, whether in a commercial building or home are required to apply for a Zoning Clearance and Occupancy Permit and Home Occupation Permit. Zoning and Occupancy Permit and Home Occupation Permit information online
NEW LICENSES: 626-570-5021
- All businesses and contractors, including rental property owners, operating in the City of Alhambra need a Business License (submitted to Finance Dept.) and a Zoning Clearance and Occupancy Permit or Home Occupation Permit (submitted to the Development Services Department-Economic Development Division).
- Once you submit your application, it will be reviewed and assigned a license number.
- The Business License Tax Certificate is issued after all approvals are made.
LICENSE RENEWAL OF EXISTING BUSINESS LICENSES: 626-570-5021
- Most business licenses are issued annually, to be renewed each year within 30 days of expiration to avoid penalties and interest charges.
- Renewal is through the Finance Department (First floor of Alhambra City Hall), 111 South First Street, Alhambra, CA 91801.
INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR A BUSINESS LICENSE:
- The name of the business or individual
- The physical address/mailing address of the business
- Residential and commercial rentals need to list the locations and unit numbers
- Contact names and phone numbers
- Description of the type of business to be conducted
- Tax identification number (Social Security or Federal ID number)
- Type of business (sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation)
- Partnerships must list at least two names with information and signatures of all parties
- Corporations should list major officers
- Contractors must list the state license number and class
- Estimation of gross receipts for the first year of business
You are now ready to start your business!