The Alhambra Fire Department would like to remind our residents that only "safe and sane" fireworks are legal in the City of Alhambra. Safe and sane fireworks are essentially fireworks that stay on the ground. California law prohibits the sale and use of aerial fireworks to the general public.
Here are some safety tips for using fireworks this Fourth of July holiday:
- Buy only State Fire Marshal-approved (Safe and Sane) fireworks. They must have the State Fire Marshal’s seal on them and can only be purchased at licensed fireworks stands.
- Always read directions.
- Always have an adult present.
- Use fireworks outdoors only.
- Never use near dry grass or other flammable materials.
- Light one at a time.
- Use common sense and keep a safe distance.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Never experiment with fireworks.
- Have a bucket of water and a hose handy.
- Never attempt to re-light or “fix” fireworks.
- Do not wear loose fitting clothing.
- Never carry fireworks in your pockets.
- Fireworks are not toys.
- Parents are liable for any damage or injuries caused by their children using fireworks.
The best advice is to leave the aerial fireworks shows to the professionals.
Have a safe and enjoyable Fourth of July.