​I have a tenant that hasn't paid rent. Can APD come and evict the tenants for me?

The civil process for eviction is a very complicated process and local police departments do not get involved with civil issues with the exception of what we call “keeping the peace.” Our role in such situations is to insure that tenant and landlord do not violate any criminal laws and advise the parties to go their separate ways and allow the civil process to take place. It is always best to seek legal counsel about the eviction process. To answer your question, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department would handle the eviction process once the court issues its order. The legal process must be followed through the civil court process and ultimately the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Court Services Division. In any case, the Alhambra Police Department cannot evict the tenant. Here are some additional details.