How do I obtain a restraining order?

You must file a petition at any Superior Court ( Alhambra Superior Court only handles domestic violence restraining orders, and those that do not encompass children within that order. All others must be petitioned at the Pasadena Superior Court. An Alhambra Police Officer can process an Emergency Protective Order (EPO) on your behalf after court business hours. However, the EPO is only good until the Superior Court is open for you to formally file a petition.