Caltrans will continue its freeway lanes closures on I-10 and surrounding roads for 55-hours over separate weekends. The 55-hour closures will begin on Friday, July 6, at 10:00 p.m. and continue through Monday, July 9, at 5:00 a.m.
Closures will affect the following:
• Eastbound I-10 Metro Express Lanes between New Avenue and Walnut Grove Avenue
• Both directions of New Avenue between Hellman Avenue and Saxson Avenue
• Eastbound I-10 New Avenue South on-ramp, New Avenue North off-ramp
• Westbound I-10 New Avenue on-ramps
• Westbound I-10 New Avenue South off-ramp
• Both directions of Walnut Grove Avenue between Hellman Avenue and Marshall Street
• Eastbound I-10 Walnut Grove Avenue on-ramps
• Westbound I-10 Walnut Grove Avenue off-ramps
Download a copy of the Caltrans Press Release on the closures.
Caltrans will be doing construction work on the bridges along the I-10 freeway. In order to complete this work, it may be necessary to close both on-and off-ramps to accommodate the construction activities. Local streets that run under the freeway will also be closed for a period of 55 hours beginning on at 10:00 p.m. on a Friday night and lasting until 5:00 a.m. Monday morning. The construction is scheduled to begin on Friday, June 15, 2018 and will continue throughout the summer over ten separate weekends.
Please visit quickmap.dot.ca.gov for real time freeway traffic information. Any additional questions regarding freeway construction activities or street closures, please contact Caltrans Public Affairs at (213) 897-3656 or visit www.dot.ca.gov/dist07.