REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
PROFESSIONAL CONSULTANT SERVICES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE STORY PARK IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
The Story Park improvements include the removal of an existing pool facility and locker room and converting it to open green space and replace the existing playground with an all-inclusive playground with a rubberized pour in place surface. The project will include the following:
- Expanded recreation and green space at this park-remove park’s vacant pool facility and locker rooms.
- Picnic area with shade structures.
- Seating areas throughout the park.
- Walking paths throughout the park.
- Inclusive playground for children with all abilities (north portion of park).
- Parking lot drop off/pick up area with shade structure and lighting.
- Trellis to connect to the Joslyn Center.
- Drought tolerant landscape, including more shade trees.
QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS RFP
All questions regarding this RFP must be submitted via email:
MANDATORY ON-SITE JOB WALK
Story Park Pool
210 North Chapel Avenue
Alhambra, CA 91803
Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Questions regarding this proposal shall be submitted in writing via email by 5:00 PM, Friday October 20, 2023. In response to all questions received by this date, City will issue an Addendum no later than 3 days prior to the proposal submittal due date. The addendum will be emailed to all RFP recipients on record, and posted on City’s web site under City Bid Notices/RFPs.
In order to be considered in the selection process, interested parties shall submit five (5) copies of their Proposals no later than 4:00 PM, Monday, November 6, 2023 to:
Director of Parks and Recreation
City of Alhambra
111 S First Street
Alhambra, CA 91801
Late submittals will be rejected. All responses must be completed as required, signed by an official or firm who is authorized to enter into a binding agreement with the City on behalf of the company.
Proposal Award Schedule
|RFP Issued||September 28, 2023|
|Deadline for Proposal Submission||November 6, 2023|
|Submission Evaluation and Interviews with Qualified Applications||November 13-16, 2023|
|City Council Award of Contract||January 22, 2024|
|Project Start Date||February 2, 2024|