May 1, 2022
626 Golden Streets
Sunday, May 1, 2022
https://www.626goldenstreets.com/activity-hubs.html On Sunday, May 1, 2022 the San Gabriel Valley’s largest ciclovia or “open streets” event will return to the Cities of Alhambra, San Gabriel, and South Pasadena. Attendees will have an opportunity to walk, bike, run, skate, scoot, dance, and play across five miles of car-free streets.
Like cicLAvia in Los Angeles, 626 Golden Streets is a FREE, family-friendly “ciclovia” that temporarily opens streets for people of all ages and backgrounds to enjoy in a healthy, fun, and novel fashion. The festivities will kick off at 8:30am with the official Opening Ceremony on Main Street adjacent to the South Pasadena Gold Line Station featuring special guests, entertainment, and community raffle. This will be followed by the 626 Run, a family-friendly 5K Fun Run FREE to all youth 17 and under (www.run626.com) starting from the San Gabriel Hub.
The event is free to the general public. Attendees can start and stop at any point along the route, at any time from 9am to 4pm. Activity zones in each participating community will host live music, cultural performances, family-friendly games and activities, kids play zones, vendors, zero-emission demo zones, and more! Participants are encouraged to enjoy the day by foot, bike, skate, skateboard, scooter, or any other type of human-powered vehicle!
WHAT: 626 Golden Streets | Mission-to-Mission presented by Metro
WHO: All ages, family-friendly!
WHEN: Sunday, May 1, 2022 (9am-4pm)
WHERE: San Gabriel, Alhambra, South Pasadena
Please note, the route closures will be in full effect by 6AM. Some sections of the route will be open at 4pm, most of the route should be re-opened to vehicle traffic by 5pm.
Alhambra Hub Activities
Main Street (between Garfield and 4th Street)
Activities and Games
- Giant Games (plinko, table maze, connect 4, chess, checkers, badminton, Jenga, Corn hole, hula hoops)
- Arts in Motion kids watercolor
- Chalk artist and chalk zone
- GoSGV E-bike demo zone
Live Music and Performances (line-up subject to change, stay tuned for more details)
Enjoy live music, performances, and raffles at the Main Street stage (intersection of 2nd street)!
- 8:30am - 9:00am Opening Ceremony with Gabe the Sasquatch
- 9:00am - 9:30am East Wind Foundation Lion Dance
- 9:45am - 10:30am Snake the Deck (acoustic ska)
- 11:00am - 11:45am Nick Eng (jangly pop-rock)
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm Gypsy Dreams (Fleetwood Mac tribute)
Vendors and Exhibitors
- 710 Mobility Hubs
- Alhambra Eco Fair
- Alhambra Educational Foundation
- Alhambra High School Dream Center
- Alhambra Latino Association
- Alhambra SDA Church
- Aztlan Athletics
- California Conservation Corps
- Foothill Transit
- Office of Assemblymember Mike Fong
- San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments
- Sierra Club
For more info, visit 626 Golden Streets.