All users (new or renewal) will have to create an account and provide proof of residency and current car registration. Please see FAQ below for details.
Residents who currently have an annual parking permit will receive a renewal notice with instructions to create an account. Please note, if you have an October 2022 parking permit, it won't expire until the end of the month. You can start creating an account on October 3rd. It takes seven working days to process the information for the first time.
For those who want to fill out a paper application form for an annual parking permit, please see instructions in this document.
For additional information, please call 877-236-2947 (select option 6) or email us at email@example.com.
Virtual Overnight Parking Permit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What types of permits are available?
- Annual Overnight Parking Permits are all virtual. No physical permits will be mailed to the customer. Please allow 7 business days for approval and processing. Upon approval, an email will be sent to begin the payment process. A temporary overnight parking permit shall be purchased
while waiting for the approval of the annual permit to avoid getting a parking citation. (Please see
#2) Once payment is submitted the virtual permit becomes active immediately and is linked to
the license plate number provided. During the term of the virtual parking permit, if the license
plate # has changed, permit holder MUST contact Finance Dept to update the license plate.
Otherwise, the virtual parking permit is invalid and parking citation will be issued. Temporary
permits can be purchased without the application during the period. Please see #2.
- Temporary Overnight Permits are active once purchased. Temporary Overnight Permits can be purchased for $5 per night. At any one time, up to 10 nights may be purchased with either debit cards or credit cards. No cash will be accepted. Temporary Overnight Permits can be obtained in the following ways:
- Online: www.cityofalhambra.org; click on HOW DO I… then click on Parking Permits
- From a self-service kiosk located at:
- Alhambra Police Department Traffic Lobby at 211 S. First Street, Alhambra, CA 91801.
- 7-Eleven Store at 2150 S Fremont Avenue, Alhambra, CA 91803.
- RV Permits can only be purchased in person from the Alhambra Police Department Traffic Division. Each RV may get two, 3 day permits per month. Cost: $15 for 3 days. Please have the customer contact the Alhambra Police Department, Traffic Section directly at 626-570-5119 from 7am to 4pm for RV Permit related questions ONLY.
- How much does a permit cost?
- Annual Overnight Parking Permits - each household member, who owns a vehicle, may purchase an annual residential vehicle permit for $60.00 each. Proof of vehicle registration to that household is required.
- Temporary Overnight Permits – any resident or guest may purchase a temporary permit at $5.00 per day for up to 10 nights.
- RV Permits are $15 for 3 days and are only available through the Alhambra Police Department Traffic Division.
- Can I pay for my permit(s) by debit/credit card?
- Yes, debit/credit card payments are available at www.cityofalhambra.org. Debit/credit card payments are not accepted or processed by mail. Do not send debit/credit card information by mail.
- Where can I purchase Annual Permits?
- Permits are available for purchase/renewal online at www.cityofalhambra.org. Click on HOW DO I… then click on Parking Permits. Once you click the link to purchase a permit, you will need to create an account using the property address to which the permit(s) will be issued. Using this account, please request the permits you are seeking, and attach the proper verification documents where required. Failure to provide proper verification documents will result in an incomplete application and will prevent your parking permit from being processed. Once your permit is approved and you receive an email stating such, you will be required to submit payment for your permit(s). Once payment is received, your permit(s) will be virtual and active immediately and linked to the license plate number provided.
- By Mail
- To apply by mail, please send the completed application with copies of all required documents and payment (check/money order/cashier check) to the City of Alhambra’s Permit Processing Center, PO Box 6010, Inglewood, CA 90312. Once your permit is approved and your payment has been processed, your permit(s) will be tied to the vehicle license plate referenced on your application. Please contact the Customer Service Call Center at 1-877-236-2947 if you need assistance.
- What are the required documents needed to apply?
- The applicant must provide (1) Current vehicle registration and (2) Proof of Alhambra Residency (the addresses must match the property address to which the permit(s) will be issued).
- Documents Accepted for Proof of Vehicle Registration:
- Current California DMV vehicle registration
- Temporary registration is accepted only for new vehicles
- Documents Accepted for Proof of Residency:
- Valid driver license or government issued ID
- Gas/electric/phone bill
- Financial institution/bank statement. Rental agreements are not acceptable as proof of residency.
- For company vehicles, a permission letter on company letterhead is required
- If the above documents are unavailable, the following are accepted:
- Change of address confirmation from the DMV website
- Change of address confirmation from the U.S. Post Office
- How many permits can I purchase?
- There is no maximum number of Annual Overnight Parking Permits that can be purchased.
- There is no maximum number of Temporary Overnight Permits that can be purchased.
- The maximum number of RV permits that can be purchased is two 3-day permits per month.
- How to update from temporary license plate number to new license plate number or new personal plate number on the same vehicle with current virtual annual parking permit.
- It is the permit holder responsibility to update if a new plate number or new personal plate number issued to the same vehicle with current virtual annual parking permit.
- Please contact the Finance Dept @ 626‐570‐5020. Staff will assist to update the new plate
number to the system.
Citation(s) will be issued if the license plate number is not found in the system.
- What if I transfer a vehicle or need to change my address? A Transfer is only allowed for the same registered owner (permit holder).
- If you change your vehicle, a transfer fee of $20, along with the new vehicle registration is required.
- If you change your address within the Alhambra city limits, new proof of residency must be submitted along with a $20 administrative fee.
- Please contact the Finance Department with any questions at 626-570-5021.
- What address do we mail the applications to?
- Mail the application, required documents, and payment to:
City of Alhambra, Permit Processing Center, PO Box 6010, Inglewood, CA 90312.
- How long will it take for my permits to be processed and active?
- Online applications will be processed within 7 business days and will be active upon payment. If your Annual Overnight Permit is set to expire during the processing period, please purchase the appropriate number of Temporary Overnight Permits to avoid a citation.
- Mail-in applications will be processed in 2-3 weeks. If your Annual Overnight Permit is set to expire during the processing period, please purchase the appropriate number of Temporary Overnight Permits to avoid a citation. Please contact the Customer Service Call Center at 1-877-236-2947 if you need assistance.
- Can I stop by your office to pay for permits and turn in my application?
- The only permits obtainable at the Alhambra Police Dept are Temporary Overnight Parking Permits and RV Permits.
- Annual Overnight Parking Permit documents and payments must be submitted online or via U.S. mail. Physical applications are not accepted in the Finance Department in City Hall.
- Physical applications and payments must be sent to the Permit Processing Center’s address (City of Alhambra, Permit Processing Center, PO Box 6010, Inglewood, CA 90312). A Permit Processing Center staff member will evaluate your application and verification documents. Please allow 7 business days for approval and processing. If your Annual Permits are scheduled to expire during that processing period, you can purchase Temporary Overnight Permits to avoid a citation. Once your permit is approved and you receive an email stating such, you will be required to submit payment for your permit(s). Once payment is received, your permit(s) will be virtual and active immediately and linked to the license plate number provided.
- Are there any restrictions I may need to know?
- The following is not allowed:
- Vehicles exceeding 6,000 lbs.
- Vehicles exceeding 8 feet in height, 6 feet in width, or 20 feet in length
- Non-motorized vehicles/trailers
- Vehicles that are inoperable/incomplete registration/off-road registration
- There is no overnight parking allowed on the following streets between 2 am and 6 am.
To avoid a citation, your vehicle must be parked on a street not listed below:
- Atlantic Boulevard
- Fremont Avenue
- Main Street
- Mission Road
- Garfield Avenue
- Valley Boulevard
- Refunds: There are no refunds for permits for unused dates/months.