General Parking Information
In addition to purchasing a Temporary Overnight Parking Permit online, residents also have the following purchase options:
- Police Department Lobby - A 24-hour per day self-service machine offers Temporary Overnight Parking permits at a cost of $5 per night. At any one time, up to ten nights may be purchased using either debit cards or credit cards. No cash will be accepted.
Police Department Lobby
111 S First Street
Alhambra, CA 91801
- 7-Eleven Store - A 24-hour per day self-service machine offers Temporary Overnight Parking permits at a cost of $5 per night. At any one time, up to ten nights may be purchased with either debit cards or credit cards. No cash will be accepted.
2150 S Fremont Avenue
Alhambra, CA 91803
A temporary parking permit is required for RV parking. RV permits must be purchased in person at the Police Department Traffic section in the lobby. Each RV may get two 3 day permits per month. The cost is $15 for 3 days.
- For the Temporary Overnight Parking Permit (TOPP) to be valid, a temporary license plate number or permanent license plate number must be provided. The last 4 numbers of the vehicle identification number will no longer be accepted. The license plate number listed on the TOPP must match the vehicle’s license plate to be valid. Failure to provide the accurate license plate number on the TOPP will result in a citation.
- The Temporary Parking Permit must be clearly displayed on the dashboard, face-up on the driver's side.
- No Temporary Overnight Parking Permits are issued to vehicles exceeding 6,000 pounds, non-motorized vehicles, trailers and vehicles exceeding 8-feet height, 6-feet width, or 20-feet length.
- Vehicles displaying a current disabled placard are exempt from overnight parking restrictions.
Recreational & Commercial Vehicle Restrictions
- The Alhambra Municipal Code prohibits overnight parking of commercial vehicles in industrial areas of the city, as they are targets for graffiti and other types of vandalism, make street sweeping impossible, and create blight in the industrial areas.
- It is against the law to live in a recreational vehicle on a public street in Alhambra.
- Recreational vehicles are prohibited from parking overnight without a valid 72-hour permit that must be obtained from the Alhambra Police Department Traffic Section. This permit will only be issued for the purpose of loading or unloading a recreational vehicle either before or after a trip.
Proper Display of Parking Permits
- The TOPP must be clearly displayed on the dashboard, face-up on the driver's side. Failure to properly display the TOPP will result in a citation.