Important Public Safety Information
- Copper Wire Theft - Call the Alhambra Police Department 626-570-5151 or 911 in an emergency) if you see copper wire being stolen from light posts or street lights, cross gutter covers from city streets, or any suspicious activity or persons posing as city workers. Please identify license number/make of mode if possible. (Note: city workers wear identifiable uniforms and vehicles are marked with a city emblem and have exempt license plates)
- Housing Restrictions related to sex offenders (letter to residents from City Council, 2008)
- Police Department Phone App for iPhone and Androids
- Ryan Stringer Memorial Fund - If you would like to support this fund, please mail your donation to the Ryan Stringer Memorial Fund, P.O. Box 7339, Alhambra, CA 91801
- Skateboards, bicycles, roller skates are not permitted on Main Street sidewalks.
Public Safety Resources
- Alert LA County - Register a cell phone number, Voice over IP phone number, and/or email address with the County's Emergency Mass Notification System
- California Tenants (PDF): A Guide to Residential Tenants' and Landlords' rights and responsibilities
- Children's Seat Belt Laws - Protect children with required children's safety seats, booster seats, and seat belts
- FBI Child ID App
- LA Regional Crime Stoppers - Report crime tips anonymously
- Marsy's Law (California Department of Justice) - website pertains to victim's rights and due process
- Megan's Law - (California Department of Justice) - website pertains to registered sex offenders
- Police Officer's Memorial Day is May 15
- Violent Crime Victims Restitution - Website for making a claim against the State of California
Skateboards, Bicycles, Roller Skates are not permitted on Main Street sidewalks.
With the increasing popularity of Downtown Alhambra, the sidewalks along Main Street are seeing a large increase in pedestrian traffic. For the safety of all Alhambra residents, visitors, and merchants, the Alhambra Police Department offers this reminder:
- Sidewalks in the business district are for pedestrians only. Skateboards and roller skates are restricted from Main Street's sidewalks and roadways. Bicycles, while allowed on the roadways, are never allowed to be ridden on sidewalks.
Officers of the Alhambra Police Department will be aggressively enforcing Alhambra Municipal Code sections 10.04.020 and 10.06.010, which prohibit all persons from operating roller skates, skateboards, or scooters, from any roadway or upon any sidewalk in the business district. Bicyclists are forbidden from riding a bicycle on any Alhambra sidewalk.
Persons in violation of these Municipal Code sections can be issued a citation. Fines for violating AMC section 10.04.020 or 10.06.010 range from $45 to $350!