City of Alhambra
TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY TAX
- Hotels/motels located in the city of Alhambra are required to charge a 12% bed tax for any patron occupying a room within their establishment.
- The tax is added to the room rate and charged on a daily basis, up to 21 consecutive nights, after which the individual becomes exempt until their stay terminates.
- In January of each year, transient occupancy forms are mailed to all hotels and motel owners for use in reporting transient occupancy taxes to the City of Alhambra Finance Department.
- Within 30 days after the close of each quarter, the hotel/motel should remit the total amount of transient occupancy tax collected for that period along with the required form.
- If not received by the City within the allotted time, penalties are assessed in accordance with Section 5.70.070 of the Alhambra Municipal Code, which is 10% per month of delinquency.