State of California
- Cal Gold - provides businesses with on-line information concerning business permits and other requirements of California agencies at all levels of government, including addresses, telephone numbers, and links to agency Internet web pages.
- California Franchise Tax Board - Local Office: 300 S. Spring Street, Suite 5704, Los Angeles, CA 90013-1265;
800-852-5711 (inside the U.S.) - Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m., except state holidays. See also: California Tax Service Center.
- California State Board of Equalization, 1521 W. Cameron Ave., West Covina 91790 626-480-7200
The Board of Equalization collects California state sales and use tax, as well as fuel, alcohol, and tobacco taxes and fees that provide revenue for state government and essential funding for counties, cities, and special districts.
- CalJOBS - A no-fee Internet service created and maintained by the California EDD to help employers find qualified job applicants.
- Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development - California's point of contact for economic development and job creation efforts. The "GO-Biz" website provides information on a range of services for business owners including: attraction, retention and expansion services, site selection, permit streamlining, clearing of regulatory hurdles, small business assistance, international trade development, assistance with state government, and much more.
- Secretary of State, 1230 J St., Sacramento, CA 95814 - Business Portal provides a wealth of information about starting a new business, including types of business entities, name searches, etc.
- State Compensation Insurance Fund, 125 W. Huntington Dr., Arcadia, CA 91007; 626- 574-2600
Contact this office for Workers' Compensation Insurance. You can also purchase such insurance through private insurance firms.
- State of California Website