- For Planning Divisions questions, call 626-570-5034 (except where indicated).
- Development Services Department - 626-570-5030
- Building Inspection Request Line - 626-570-3240
- Planning Zoning Division: building, construction, remodeling (garage conversions), new business license or occupancy permit, home-based businesses - 626-570-5034
- Fence construction without Planning Approval - 626-570-5034
- Satellite dishes/antenna towers (no permit) - 626-570-5034
- Signs (sign ordinance/enforcement) - 626-570-5034
ACTIVITIES THAT REQUIRE PLANNING DIVISION PERMITS:
Site preparation, excavation and/or backfill, soil compaction. California law mandates the delineation of a proposed excavation site at least two working days in advance of a construction project , and applies to both
large and small construction projects, such as putting in a back yard spa. Underground Service Alert of Southern California, a.k.a. DigAlert, is the One Call Notification Center that supports all of Southern California. Failure to do so can result in fines up to $50,000, along with liability for the repair to damaged underground facilities. For more information, call DIGALERT (1-800-227-2600).
Support of temporary vertical cuts in soil
- DEMOLITION/RELOCATION OF BUILDINGS
- CONSTRUCTION OF WALLS OR FENCES SIX FEET OR HIGHER
- STARTING A NEW BUSINESS - Business Occupancy Permit
- STARTING A NEW HOME-BASED BUSINESS- Home Occupancy Permit
If you would like specific information about Alhambra zoning ordinances, click here.
(See: Title XXIII: Zoning)
PLANNING DIVISION PERMIT FORMS
Step by Step Planning Guide (Download from your computer - PDF format)
Staff members will process your request in a timely manner.