IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT DISPOSING SHARPS WASTE AND MEDICATION:
- Medication substances are bad for the environment, including ground, water and air and should be taken to a Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Roundup Event.
- Do not place sharps waste in used plastic milk cartons, bleach bottles, etc. Syringes used on humans or pets include hypodermic needles, pen needles, intravenous needles, lancets, and other devices for the delivery of medications. These can injure people, spread germs and disease such as hepatitis and HIV/AIDS.
FREE, STATE-APPROVED SHARPS DISPOSAL SITES:
- L.A. County Dept. of Public Works, 900 S. Fremont Ave. (Annex Building, 3rd Fl. Alhambra; 1-888-CleanLA
- Accurate Home Health Care, Inc., 1104 S. Garfield Ave., Suite B, Alhambra 91801; 626-576-5006
- Disposal of Permanently-Sealed Sharps Containers:
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Roundup Events
- Other L.A. County Medical Waste Collection Sites
- Other medical facilities, including Valley West Medical Pharmacy,
1935 W. Valley Blvd., Alhambra 91803; 626-289-4343. Also local hospitals, doctor's offices, health clinics, pharmacies, health departments, community organizations and animal hospitals.
- Mail-back services. You will receive a sharps container and packaging to mail back your container. The cost will depend on the size of the container you choose. Although disposing waste sharps in a red sharps container is the preferable means of disposal, L.A. County HHW Roundup sites will accept sharps containers that do not leak, break or puncture. It must be taped, sealed and labeled "SHARPS." For additional information, view "Home-Generated Sharps Waste Management Program."
- For additional information, click here for English / Spanish.