The Alhambra Community Coordinating Council will act as a voluntary association of community organizations that strives to: provide a means whereby our community can clearly define its needs and redefine its goals, keep the public informed, provide a common ground on which citizen concern, professional skill, and administrative authority can meet to achieve action and make our community a better place in which to live. This Council is a non-profit group of volunteers consisting of representatives from clubs, organizations, agencies, and schools plus interested individuals and businesses from the City of Alhambra. The Council is a problem-focusing, fact-gathering, action-recommending, project-coordinating group which provides a neutral forum where the community can identify its needs and discuss its concerns.
By working together, the Alhambra Community Coordinating Council can help achieve much more than a single organization on its own. It is a single point of contact for local non-profit and community service groups needing assistance with their projects as well as for people seeking to volunteer in their community or those in need of services or referrals. In addition, the Alhambra Community Coordinating Council will provide activities, aid and other resources to people of all ages in the community and maintain and make available to the community a master calendar of upcoming events and activities.
PROJECTS AND OBJECTIVES
The following are just some of the projects the Alhambra Coordinating Council plans to undertake in the coming year ... as the organization grows our projects will also grow.
- Master Community Calendar: A calendar of all City events plus events by organizations represented by the Coordinating Council
- Community Beautification Projects: Neighborhood beautification
- Holiday Toy Drive/Food Drive: Toys for children and food baskets for underprivileged families.
- Service Awards: Monthly awards to individuals or organizations in the community who exemplifies outstanding service in the City of Alhambra. Examples: acts of heroism, extraordinary volunteer efforts, unusual actions to assist another person(s)
- America in Bloom: America in Bloom promotes nationwide beautification through education and community involvement by encouraging the use of flowers, plants, trees, and other environmental and lifestyle enhancements.
- All-American City Award: The National Civic League recognizes ten communities each year for outstanding civic accomplishments. To win, each community must demonstrate innovation, inclusiveness, civic engagement, and cross sector collaboration by describing successful efforts to address pressing local challenges. All-America Cities have shown the ability to innovate in such areas as job creation, neighborhood revitalization, crime reduction, new housing for low income people, improving education, and engaging youth.
Membership is FREE and open to all community groups, organizations, agencies, schools, individuals and businesses in the City of Alhambra. Please fill out the membership form and submit to the next general meeting or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All questions regarding the Alhambra Community Coordinating Council should be directed to:
111 S. First St.
Alhambra, CA 91801