HOUSING RELATED RESOURCES
HOUSING RIGHTS CENTER:
The Housing Rights Center, contracted through the City of Alhambra is a non-profit organization that provides Alhambra residents with information and resources about issues pertaining to landlords and tenants.
Affordable low-income senior housing, is available.
Click here for a listing of senior public housing sites, assisted living and nursing care facilities.
For information about HUD senior housing, call 626-570-5037.
PUBLIC HOUSING/SECTION 8:
The Housing Authority of the County of Los Angeles, a COUNTY-FACILITY, located at 700 W. Main St., Alhambra;
626-262-4510) assists low-income families and seniors to pay rent to private landlords through the federal Section 8 housing program.
- To apply, you must call and place your name on a preliminary Section 8 waiting list.
- When a registrant’s name reaches the top of the registration list, application materials are mailed to determine eligibility based on a household's composition and income. Eligible families are then placed
on the application list. Once on the waiting list, information is updated every 60 days in accordance
with federal requirements.
- When funding becomes available, a Section 8 Housing Voucher can be issued.
- Click here to Search/Register for Section 8 Housing
UTILITY ASSISTANCE (ALTERNATIVE RATE PROGRAMS/REBATES):
HOMELESS SHELTERS & TRANSITIONAL HOUSING:
- The Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority provides shelter, housing and services to homeless persons in Los Angeles City and County.
- The Salvation Army provides relief to families by providing for basic needs such as food, shelter and
utilities, as well as additional supportive services such as counseling and spiritual care.
- The Union Station Foundation provides shelter, meals, supportive housing and support services to
homeless and poor adults and families in Greater Pasadena and western San Gabriel Valley.
LENDER RESOURCES (LOCAL BRANCH LOCATIONS):
- Bank of America Online Home Loan Info., 160 E. Main St. & 444 E. Valley Blvd.
- Bank of the West Online Home Loan Info., 100 S. Garfield Ave.
- California Bank & Trust Online Home Loan Info., 230 E. Valley Blvd.
- Cathay Bank Home Online Loan Info., 601 N. Atlantic Blvd.
- Chase Home Finance Online Home Loan Info., 39 S. Garfield Ave.
- Citibank Online Home Loan Info., 1 West Bay St.
- East-West Bank Online Home Loan Info., 1881 W. Main St & 403 W. Valley Blvd.
- Lockheed Credit Union Online Home Loan Info., 900 S. Fremont Ave.
- Omni Bank Online Home Loan Info., 1235 S. Garfield Ave.
- Public Works Credit Union Online Home Loan Info., 900 S. Fremont Ave.
- The Bank of East Asia Online Home Loan Info., 1138 S. Garfield Ave.
- United Commercial Bank Online Home Loan Info., 345 W. Valley Blvd.
- Wells Fargo Bank Online Home Loan Info., 345 E. Main St. and 123 S. Chapel Ave.