DISPOSAL OF ELECTRONIC WASTE & UNIVERSAL WASTE
Pick up of E-Waste & Universal Waste: Call Republic Services at 1-888-742-5234
(Wednesday pick-ups only) - call at least a day prior to pick-up
|Eligible items include computer monitors, television sets, TV/VCR combos; computer
peripheral items (CPUs, mice, keyboards, printers and scanners) and personal electronics,
(cell phones, radios, alarm clocks and hair dryers) - as well as bulky items
such as large appliances, furniture and mattresses.
HOW TO DISPOSE OF CURBSIDE E-WASTE:
- Phone Republic Services at 1-888-742-5234 prior to placing items at the curb; inform them of what types of items are to be included (i.e., 1 computer,1 printer, etc.).
- Place items on the curb after noon on the day preceding collection. If items are not picked up, be sure to remove the items before 6 a.m. the following day.
- Label each item. Place a sticker or label on the item and mark it with your address (no need to include your name or phone number).
HOW TO DISPOSE OF UNIVERSAL WASTE:
- Universal waste is banned from the trash, so take it to one of the following:
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Roundup
- S.A.F.E. Collection Center
- Universal waste items include household batteries; cell phone and hearing aid batteries, electronic devices including TVs and monitors, flat and CRTs, computers (CPU) and laptops, printers, VCRs, cell phones, telephones and cordless phones; answering machines, microwaves, radios; fluorescent tubes and bulbs and other mercury-containing lamps: neon bulbs; mercury-containing devices, thermostats, switches, thermometer, pressure and vacuum gauges, dental amalgam, novelty items, counter weights and dampers, medical devices such as dilators and weighted tubing, certain rubber flooring, and gas flow regulators used in old residential gas meters.
- Click here for information on recycling cellular phones and rechargeable batteries. The following website can assist you in removing information. Protect your personal information by erasing all data before recycling your cell phone.
- Click here for battery recycling locations in the City of Alhambra.
RECYCLING SERVICES OFFERED BY COMPUTER MANUFACTURERS:
Many computer manufacturers recycle old computer equipment (most at no charge) when purchasing a new computer through their online website or a qualified retailer. The following manufacturers offer a computer recycling program, trade-in and/or asset recovery services: