Annual HALLOWSCREAM Halloween
Costume Contest & Trick-Or-Treating Event
DATE: Saturday, October 31, 2015
TIME: Costume Contest: 10 a.m.-noon; Trick-Or-Treating on Main Street: Noon-2 p.m.
PLACE: Renaissance Plaza: 1 E. Main St., Alhambra, CA 91801
Then later...when the sun sets in the west and streets and sidewalks are filled with ghosts and goblins - or rather excited youngsters in ghost and goblin costumes are preoccupied with visions of candy and other goodies, adults of the community must take on the "safety" mantle, for which the Alhambra Fire Department has a few safe Halloween suggestions.
- All children - big, small, with disabilities,whatever the age - should always be accompanied by an adult while trick-or-treating;
- Cross streets at street corners, using crosswalks and traffic signals. NEVER dart out into the street or cross between cars;
- Make sure drivers see you by wearing light-colored costumes decorated with reflective tape;
- Carry a flashlight, or glow stick, to help drivers see you;
- Whether your costumes are created at home or bought at a store, they should be made from materials that are flame-resistant or flame-retardant;
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats (avoid fruit and home-made treats)
- Use the new flameless candles - they are great for decorating inside and out, and they take the worry out of clothes catching on fire. A small battery-operated candle inside a pumpkin makes for a scary, but safe jack-o-lantern.