- Controls City's financial operations including accounting, banking, billing and collections, treasury management and warehouse operations. Also handles specific functions, including the processing of animal and business licenses, bus passes and tokens, parking citations, and annual parking permits.
- Lends free animal control traps to residents (with a deposit).
- Develop an annual budget, working with the city manager and other city department heads and with the approval of the City Council
- Prepares other reports required by law, such as the State Controllers Report and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- Oversees investment portfolios of the City and the Alhambra Redevelopment Agency.
- Finance Director serves as Treasurer and Controller of the Cal State LA Metro Link Station Authority (a joint-powers authority between Alhambra, Los Angeles, Monterey Park, County of Los Angeles, and California State University, Los Angeles).